Friday, January 11, 2013

First walk of the winter, first post of the season

It’s been two years since my last post on this blog. Amazing how time flies. I wasn’t up to it, writer’s block I guess. So here I am, back here, refreshed the background a bit, and decided to start posting again, no matter what. There may be less writing than I used to to start with, I need to get warmed up. I used to write stories, crazy stories a lot on this blog, and poems. I don’t know which form it’s gonna take now, but it doesn’t really matter, what matters is for me to do what I enjoy doing, and share it with you. So a couple of days ago I had my first walk of the winter, thus resuming with another favorite activity of mine.
It was one of those quintessential Pacific Northwest winter sunsets,with enough moisture in the air to produce those beautiful soft palettes in the skies.
The weather has since then turned clear and much colder. In the meantime here are a few shots I took with my phone camera.
One of the things I like most in the winter, is that the bare trees are turned into sculptures, nothing remains but their core structure. Which is not the case of the evergreens that gave this state its name, “The Evergreen State”. And yes, the rain, we do get lots of it!

No comments: