Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wednesday's Open No Mike...

… Aka Gypsy caravan /café, is stationing for the cold season at my place.
We decided, since our musicians several times observed they were getting rusty, to go back to having Open No Mike weekly, on Wednesdays as in the good old days, so as not to block people’s weekends during the holiday season. So we’re meeting every Wednesday at 7pm at my place.
Yesterday some of our regulars were missing, but we had a great time, as some other people showed up. The K Paul family came, and brought along the two English ladies of our little town, that was a nice surprise. Kevin Paul had brought his native drum, and honored us with wonderful drumming and songs. He and his nephew Jason brought the magic by singing their heart out, Bless those hearts, making my living room feel like a Pow-wow arena. Little Michael had fun with Charity and the two resident dogs of Open No Mike, Tug and Toolie. Gene had also brought her so well behaved little dog, Lilly. Patricia Paul read a poem from Robert Service, thus making me discover an author I didn’t know. I read one of my poems, and so did Roberto. Rick, aka Tug’s chauffeur, played and sang some old goodies along with Bill. I started a song for our friend Gary, who was missing. And we had crepes and Nutella and fruits with organic coffee. Smoke breaks allowed the political talk.
It was fun and wonderful sharing.
See you all next Wednesday…

1 comment:

MuchMoreThanRumors said...

I find time engaged in music to be the center of my universe. All of you make it possible; it is wonderful to be welcomed with truly open arms.