Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Busy bee

Stealing a few minutes at the end of a busy day, while listening to a gypsy music CD... Woke up before 6am for 2 phone conference call interpreting with France. Invoiced calls.Then finally started catching up with a few administrative tasks such as my WA state taxes. I did it! Cleaned my office and workshop. That took me a while...
Cleaned the leaves off our boats and on the dock.A lost battle in this season, you'd say, but a necessary one. Washed the RV. That thing looked really trashy and needed TLC... Prepared the files for our boats insurance... Raked the leaves in my garden. That took a while too...
Finally brought some munchies and a glass of white wine from the boat to the garden, since the weather was so mild it felt like summer. Sat in the garden and enjoyed it there. Saw some geese starting to arrive in the valley. It was good to see those companions back. While in the garden, I heard a bald eagle, though I couldn't spot him. Since the trees have lost some leaves, I can see more of the evening light through. I LOVE that.
Tomorrow is gonna be busy too: Waking up at 5 am for another conference call.Laundry. Food shopping. Keep catching up with my business administrative tasks, such as bidding on jobs.
And in the evening, open no mike at the cafe, I heard from Ed that we're supposed to have a meeting to try and define what we want it to be. Good idea. So no musical instruments, more talk. Good!

No comments: