Tuesday, December 05, 2006

From inanimate to animate


I guess sitting for so long in front on my computer at the cafe drinking green tea is starting to have strange effects. Gretchen's walls have been covered with Art objects from China and Tibet for a couple of weeks, and a thought came to me, what if all those creatures depicted on those wood carved plates came to life... Goddesses, sacred animals, beetles, dragons and phoenixes, ritual dancers, peacoks, " wood ducks delighting in the lotus", a hundred year bridge, fishmongers, moonprayers, an ancient canal town,- La Conner ? - couples of butterflies courting each other, then we'd end up with the cafe turned into a magic realm, altogether a canal town, a swamp, and a jungle peopled with extraordinary creatures from now and then, from this world and beyond. I see a painting here, something not unlike Le Douanier Rousseau's work.
No, I'm not under the influence of any substance. That's what I see, after having green tea under the close scrutiny of the red neon dragon...

No comments: