Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm ALIENATED! (Subtitle: Bra,bra,bra..)Rated R, no, X

This is a very serious matter. I think about this sometimes. Every time I've been wearing a bra made of synthetic. At the end of the day I come home and I furiously remove all layers till I can reach the damn chindero, the bra, and get rid of it, yahoo! Now you'll tell me I just shouldn't wear synthetic bras, thank you, I know that. I try to wear ones made of cotton, they're much more comfortable. And less nice to look at. Dang. However, my problem, I realized, is not only my intolerance with synthetic underwear. It has to do with my wearing bras period. For several reasons.Yeah, I know what you're gonna say, those who know me, just like that gynecologist, back in Paris, who couldn't help burst out laughing as I undressed: "Why was I wearing a bra?" She said I didn't need it- which is probably right- (75cms, that is tiny) and believe me, finding that size in the US is even harder than in France, and there is very little choice. Dang. Hence the synthetic chocolate bra, one of my favorites, but damn it, that thing is itchy!. So what do you do when you're a coquette, and have a 75cms tour de poitrine and breasts that look like 2 eggs sunny side up ? (forgive my English, at this hour it usually goes downhill and I end up speaking pidgin). So what do you do, huh? I was thinking with envy of those African women who don't bother with wearing them, and who - the bitches- have the most gorgeous breasts ever. Pointing up. Dang.
So I was "why the hell do I bother wearing those things, with a 75cms tour de poitrine?" Why? because I've always been told that if I don't do so, it will faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll!!!!! AAAAaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! ( now that's not my cave woman self, it's what's remaining of the hype Parisian) and then the horrible discovery: I'm ALIENATED. I asked myself, if all women stopped wearing bras, would you still wear them? Of course not. And I don't read women's magazines. And I don't always wear the damn thing. So I'm a mild case, I guess. Hey, I think that judging from the state of our economy, our politics, our culture, our endoctrinment and our various degrees of political and sexual apathy, we should be ready pretty soon for a second beatnick-hippy- flower power-sexual liberation-bra liberation front. Serious.
The circle is closed...

No comments: