Sunday, November 09, 2008

How was Open No Mike

... With a new refreshing wind blowing over our country, veeery nice.
Were present Bob and Cathy, Rick, Gary, Roberto, Marty, Bill and Charity, Mary, and myself. And the 2 resident devils, Toolie and Tug.
We had organic coffee, grapes brought by Mary, and delicious banana bread made by chef Roberto.
Rick, Bob and Gary are starting to shake off the rust and are getting really gooood, and had new songs. Bob had a hilarious new slug song that is gonna become a favorite, and Gary had a newbie too, an edible one that is in the pure tradition of Gary's truculent poetry :)
I read from my blog. There was also some political talk, but in a different mood from the week before, and actually in a very tolerant fashion. Marty was a refreshing additive when it comes to that.
That same day my car had died on me and Gary lent me his car till I find one, bless his heart.
Since then Bill deployed treasures of energy and savoir-faire to help me get the right rig, which we did this weekend. I am blessed to have wonderful friends. It is something we often observe at Open no Mikes, this community network, and what a wide variety of characters, coming together to share.
Yes, last wednesday was one of those special ones.

No comments: