Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shine

I woke up at dawn, having been lullabied all night by the wind's Grand Waltz coming back and forth in waves.
It felt pretty much like sleeping in a lighthouse perched on a rocky cliff, with the waves beating its walls relentlessly.
As I opened my eyes I saw the tree branches bending and rebounding like a fan,
the leaves shivering in the blue light of dawn.
I watched the day rise and looked at the condensation glaze on the window,
its patterns of delicate lace strewn with a constellation of tiny crystal droplets,
each one of them competing to attract the morning light,
each one of them a perfect accident, different from its neighbor,
and all of them so beautifully linked to the next one though,,
all working together to form that intricate weaving.
They told me:
"Shine! Greet the light of the morning day!
Shine! connect with your neighbor and work together
Shine! Reach out and together collect the precious light of community and friendship.
Look around you, at the imperfect beauty of your friends, and cherish them..."

No comments: