Friday, September 22, 2006

Hiding places

This afternoon I was becoming moody so I went to Rosario beach, near Deception Pass . It was the only thing I could think of to try to shake it off. It's also one of my favorite hiding places, where I usually go on my own, whenever I need to be with myself, or if even my own company becomes a burden, just to be there and allow nature to do its work. It works as well as a therapy or a relaxation session, and it's free. No guru, just me, my demons and mother nature to pacify them. On my way to the beach I saw a dead racoon on the road, it was on its back, with its mouth wide open, obviously hit by a vehicle. That made me feel like crying. Once at Rosario I picked up my camera and on the beach I just sat on a log and watched and smelled. Iodine. One of my top favorite smells. Reminds me of Tunisia. I was bred by the sea. I used to spend my days, if not my evenings, at the beach. That does leave a print on you. I watched. The gentle,perfectly transparent ebb and flow over a bed of multicolored rocks and pebbles. A squirrel nibbling and playing on the log next to me. I can come anytime, it's never disappointing. It made me wish I could retreat in my crab shell like this till I'd be ready to socialize again. I may need to come back, bring my pastels and stay longer. I'm starting to think again, that I should do something to stop being a sponge, absorbing everything around me. I need to protect myself. That's a good one,but it's too late. What am I to do with this?

No comments: