Monday, September 18, 2006

What my eyes saw...

Yesterday the trees began their yearly fall dance, shaking their leaves off. It was good to sit outside and hear the wind in the cottonwoods again. The new season coming in seems to be paralleled with a new season in me as well.Even more so than the previous years. I think I really learnt to appreciate fall and winter time here in the Pacific Northwest. Who said the fall was sad? I think it's exciting. The air is not dormant any more, it is alive, constantly moving and changing. Today I awoke on a good solid rainshower on the river, that was so beautiful, and peaceful. The sun soon broke out again, for the rest of the day. I like the smell of new rain on the earth. Another thing that makes life worth living. This afternoon as I was giving a French lesson on the dock, the blue heron flew right in front of us, and settled on its usual log on the other side. No bird equals this guy for the beauty of its flight. Not even the eagle.

No comments: